Thursday, May 1, 2014

Spring

Little darling, it's been a long cold lonely winter,
Little darling, it feels like years since it's been here.
Here comes the sun, here comes the sun,
And I say, it's all right!


After a long cold lonely winter indeed, Finley's been happy to get outside and loves sporting his new yellow boots and matching raincoat, even when it's not raining!

And now that the ground has thawed, I've finally gotten around to doing a project I'd been meaning to do ever since we moved in almost three years ago: moving the clothesline from the shaded flowerbeds, where they were of no use at all, to a sunnier patch of our tiny back yard.

I got started on the project a year ago, but after breaking my dad's post-hole digger, I put the project on the back burner after getting only one of two metal poles (encased in concrete) out of the ground. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures of the hardest step -- getting those darn things out of the ground!  (To make matters worse, there were about a half-dozen tree roots snaking around the base of one of them.)

So, we'll pick up with Finley and me digging (and playing in) holes!
You can see the gears turning.

Of course he just had to jump right in that hole!

And the next one!

These babies were not light!

The first load of laundry on the line.
I've heard of neighborhoods that have established ordinances to ban line drying.  I'm so glad we don't live in a place like that!  (Incidentally, many of those ordinances are actually illegal, though not here in Michigan.)
That evening we dyed Easter eggs!

Even parted the hair for church for Easter!

Oh, and here are the obligatory cute baby pictures:




2 comments:

dodo bdr said...

شركات نظافة بالرياض
شركة تنظيف خزانات المياه بالرياض
شركة نظافة
تنظيف فلل بالرياض
نقل اثاث
نقل عفش
شركة كشف تسربات بالرياض
شركة تنظيف موكيت بالرياض
شركة نقل عفش بالدمام
شركه تنظيف خزانات بجدة
click here
click here
click here
click here
click here
click here

The Bluths said...

Hi, I thought this was the easiest way to respond to you from the comment you made on my blog. I take yoga at a studio for the main reason that they have kids yoga too. Most yoga studios don't have child care. I find that I lack motivation when I do it at home. And since I wrote that post I now am yoga certified and I teach at the studio I go to.

Thanks for your comment!